Saturday, September 22, 2007

To jog or not to jog...

Since I started my “wow-I-am-so-lucky-to-be-working-in-Monaco-job” last year, I gained 10 kilograms from sitting on my bum and doing nothing. I never had a corporate, sit-down job before and didn’t realize the consequences that mandatory sitting in front of a computer for 8 and half hours, plus 2 hours of train rides everyday and then sitting on my couch with my computer on my lap, could have on my waistline. Needless to say, the non-digested food got stuck somewhere between my waist and my thighs making me jump 4 sizes. Even Zara pants are becoming difficult to squeeze into despite the fact that their skinny jeans go all the way up to size 44 – although with that size “skinny jeans” are no longer considered skinny.

So, after failed attempts last spring to get my life in gear and lose weight, I decided to give it another try this time around in September. I am going to start jogging at least two times a week along Cap d’Antibes (not all the way through the coastline – for those of you who know the area, Cap d’Antibes is a pretty hefty distance) and do some ab and butt exercises.

My goal is to gain back my old silhouette in three months time. I haven’t decided how and if I should change my eating habits but I do have an iPod song list for my jogging (ad)ventures.

Bob Sinclair – Gym tonic
Yelle – Jogging
Jay Z – Dirt off your shoulder
The Drill – The drill

Sadly, I never get past the 4th song. My jogging is timed according to the duration of the song which means that if it goes on for 3 minutes, then I only run for three minutes. For now, that’s the best I can do but I do hope that my lung capacity will get better with time and lots of effort.

On a slightly happier note, the weather is still nice enough to dress as if it was the summer. So, here is Monday's work outfit.




1 comment:

blushing apples said...

hi darling! thank you for adding me as a link! :o)